The Bad Mommy

I work only to pay for his therapy later.

Name:
Location: Novato, California, United States

Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Personal Is Political

We were at Starbucks a week or so ago and someone had left that day's New York Times sitting on a table. C noticed a photo of a bunch of Elmo dolls and picked it up to read the article, which was about a Chinese lab that was testing the toys for safety.

He headed up to the counter to pay for a sandwich. The guy behind the counter looked a little startled to see a ten year old with the NYT and said "Oh, I see you're reading the business section of the New York Times!" with a little bit of a nervous laugh.

C said, "Oh, I was just interested in reading about this job I'd love to have, testing toys."

The barista started to relax a little bit and then C said "But you know, I'm still really opposed to American corporations using Chinese child labor."

I don't think that poor guy has recovered yet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait till the barista has kids. They surprise you.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Me said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join | List | Previous | Next