The Bad Mommy

I work only to pay for his therapy later.

Name:
Location: Novato, California, United States

Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's Girl Scout Cookie Time

So Carter and I are sitting at the dining room table last night, eating Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies. Mark is on the computer in the next room.

Carter: Mom, do these have crack in them?

Me: Yes. Yes they do.

Carter: I thought it had to be either cocaine or methamphetamine. I mean, one cookie and I've just got to keep eating until they're all gone.

Mark, just tuning in: What the hell are you two talking about???

************

So tonight, we've finished dinner and asked Carter to get the last tube of Thin Mints out of the freezer. He comes back with a partial box of Samoas. They constitute Mark's crack, so he's happy. After waiting for a minute, I ask Carter about the Thin Mints. He looks stricken. He leans over and whispers in my ear: Mom, I made the mistake of trying to eat just one this afternoon when I got home from school....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i so know what you mean. 2 boxes, gone in less than a week.

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm going to be mean. Girl Scout cookies you can only buy once a year. These, maybe not: at Christmas, I got given a metal tube of Moravian Chocolate-Dipped Peppermint Cookies by Salem Baking Company. From Trader Joe's? Dunno. I was way too ill to eat them at the time; now I can, and they taste like Thin Mints. Yay! I'm hiding the can from my husband, who's long since forgotten all about them, because then they'd be gone in one sitting. I've been able to stretch it out for four days so far and only a fourth of them are gone, even with my visiting mother helping.

If those are available all year and not just at Christmas... (I don't know.) You could have your Thin Mints fix and they'd be in a cool disguise.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join | List | Previous | Next