The Bad Mommy

I work only to pay for his therapy later.

Name:
Location: Novato, California, United States

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Gerbils

So the child and I were having a conversation (again) about the importance of him checking in with me when he's out and about.

"Why is that so important, Mom?"

"Because I need to know where you are, who you're with, where you're going and when you got there so that I'll know you're safe and haven't, for instance, been carried off by a band of kidnapping gerbils."

"Mom? You've gone from crazy to crazier."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rofl! I was sitting here nodding yes, yes, took the words right out of my motherly mouth, till that marauding gerbil band there. I SO wish I had thought to throw in something like that back in the day! Well done!

By the way, with our kids, when they got to be teens, we told them that anything they needed to be against the rules was against the rules. Feel free to blame us anytime if there was something they didn't want to do but their friends were trying to pressure them into. They'd get in SO (are you shivering yet) MUCH (brrr) TROUBLE.

Anytime, kiddo, anytime, glad to help.

They understood that this did not apply to teachers assigning homework.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join | List | Previous | Next