The Bad Mommy

I work only to pay for his therapy later.

Name:
Location: Novato, California, United States

Monday, November 12, 2007

The Real Reason Our Vet Lives in a Nice Home and Drives a Nice Car

Poor Maggie got into it with something sharp - a nice little slice and a couple of small puncture wounds. We don't think it was another animal but rather some piece(s) of metal. We took her in to the animal ER last week, where they shaved much of her back and put in some stitches.


As M says, it's kind of like she got a butt lift.

She's been a complete angel about the antiobiotics, and having to stay inside and leave everything alone, but she is really, really, really pissed off about the Elizabethan collar.She got the stitches out yesterday and is doing great. But I have to say: This is our fourth kitty ER visit this year and we have spent more than twice what my first car cost. Yes, that probably dates me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Poor kitty.

(I understand the money woes as I spent around $3K to rebuild my fuzzball after he was ran over by a car two years ago.)

9:36 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Sue,

Ah, I had a cat that had to have the same thing -- a collar for some stitches. Not fun at all! And yes, one wishes for kitty health insurance!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join | List | Previous | Next