The Bad Mommy

I work only to pay for his therapy later.

Name:
Location: Novato, California, United States

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

We’ve all got malapropisms that we love. Here are some of my faves – some created by my child and some by various other younger relatives –

  • Racamoni and cheese (Carter – but I don’t think anybody at our house has referred to it as macaroni and cheese for at least ten years)
  • Shampoo the Killer Whale (my nephew RJH – it didn’t matter how many times he was told it was actually Shamu – he was adamant that it was Shampoo)
  • Chunky Cheese (RJH again – and really, isn’t it a much more accurate description than Chuck E. Cheese?)
  • Clean ketchup (my brother PSH - for kleenex)
  • The cursive moon (another nephew, MCH – he knew it was a longish word that started with C but couldn’t come up with crescent)
  • Have a nice day without your underwear! (Not really a malapropism but it HAS become a saying we use a lot, ever since nephew TNH stood on the front porch yelling it at passers-by)
  • The Heimlich Remover (my child again – he knew as soon as he said it that something wasn’t quite right – and now we ALL have to stop and think about it every time we try to use it correctly in conversation)

We’ve all got them – what are some of your family’s?

4 Comments:

Blogger ms. crafty said...

Love 'em :-)

My sister called Oil of Olay "Mommy's Oil of Delay" at age 4...

Also pasketti instead of spaghetti...

10:50 PM  
Blogger LynnM said...

Hi, I popped over from AlisonH's blog. These gave me a much needed laugh! Heimlech Remover--HAHAHAHA. The first one reminded me of the "Tapironi pudding" we eat at our house. Yup, never switched back to "tapioca" and that was probably a dozen years ago.--LynnM

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Chopped Lamb and Smashed Potatoes" - daughter #1

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You need to go to the Hosibal you look sick."

"How will Santa fit in our Chivney?"

"How come the lady was pulling your eyebrowns with the pluckers?"

"Let's go out to eat at a resaknot.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join | List | Previous | Next