The Bad Mommy

I work only to pay for his therapy later.

Name:
Location: Novato, California, United States

Monday, January 03, 2011

A New Low in Bad Parenting

So I got Carter up around 6:45 this morning. He showered and dressed and grabbed his backpack and I threw a bowl of oatmeal in his direction as we dashed for the car and I drove him over to the school.

We get there and the place is deserted. We drive slowly past the front of the building and read the notice board: WINTER BREAK: December 20-January 4. Huh. I guess I knew that in some deep recess of my brain.

Fortunately, Carter had a good sense of humor about the whole thing: "Well, aren't we just the most clever family ever?"

I felt terrible - terrible about getting him up so early, terrible about being so clueless but mostly terrible for this:

"Honey, I'm really sorry, but if I'm going to make it to the bus on time, I'm going to have to drop you at the end of the street and have you walk the rest of the way home...."

1 Comments:

Anonymous the hubby said...

Yeah but...the upside is that our procrastinating son's homework was done 2 days early!

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join | List | Previous | Next