The Bad Mommy

I work only to pay for his therapy later.

Name:
Location: Novato, California, United States

Monday, June 19, 2006

The Bad Mommy at Her Finest

C and I were at Borders today, looking for the second book in the Warriors series. He had received book one as a birthday present and now that school's out, he had picked it up as his first book to read for the summer reading program at the public library. He read it in the car to and from Sacramento yesterday. He read it at Dr. Insomnia's this morning. I found him reading it at 11:30 Saturday night, after we got home from a party. He finished it this around noon today. I'm guessing he really liked it :-) so off we went to Borders this afternoon to get the next one. (He did the same thing with Lemony Snicket last year - one after the other after the other.)

While I was standing in line to pay, C said he was hungry and went off to the Borders cafe to see if they had anything even moderately healthy. Turns out they have sandwiches these days, so he ordered a barbequed chicken sandwich on ciabatta bread. After waiting for it to come out of the oven, we toodled out to the car to drive home.

May I just say that that sandwich looked and smelled divine? I didn't realize how hungry I was, too, till I sat there smelling it for about 15 minutes, while C waited for it to cool down enough to eat. I kept asking for a bite and he kept turning me down. Politely, but turning me down nonetheless. Finally:

Me: Are you sure you don't want me to try a bite to make sure it's not too hot for you?

C: No, thanks, Mom.

Me: You know, when you were little that worked EVERY time.

C: Yeah. And that's how I learned not to trust you guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join | List | Previous | Next