The Bad Mommy

I work only to pay for his therapy later.

Name:
Location: Novato, California, United States

Saturday, July 08, 2006

The Art of Letter Writing is Not Dead

A woman I work with has been seriously injured in car accidents twice in the last couple of years. The first time, she was crossing the street when a hit-and-run driver hit her so hard he knocked her 50+ yards. She was in ICU for quite awhile and in the hospital for some time after that. Last month, a truck T-boned her in her new car which, fortunately, had a zillion airbags, including side air bags. She suffered a number of injuries, including broken ribs and a punctured lung. Although she was badly hurt, she's recovering and hopes to be back at work sometime this month.

C has met her several times and we thought it might cheer her up to get a card from him. So after thinking about it for awhile, he sat down and wrote this:

Dear B:

I was sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you're feeling better.

Love,
C

PS - I don't know why everybody is trying to kill you, but I hope they're done now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have GOT to meet this kid! He sounds like a perfect match for my youngest, whose "wit" was mentioned by 3 out of her 4 teachers on the last report card. Of course, in our case, wit was probably a synonym for "won't shut up".

Glad you're back - I always enjoy your posts!

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came here via Marin Fiber Art's site, and now I'm going through the archives, laughing my head off alternating with nodding--been there, been there. This one, though--oh goodness! Close to home, and bone-achingly funny. Thank you for your blog!

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join | List | Previous | Next