The Bad Mommy

I work only to pay for his therapy later.

Name:
Location: Novato, California, United States

Friday, September 08, 2006

Four Phone Calls From the Little Hub

1. 6:30 am

"Hi hon - Could you please let C know that I'll probably be kind of late picking him up this afternoon? I have this golf thing. It doesn't start till 1:00 and I'll just have to leave a little early to get there to pick him up - probably around around 5:30 or so."

Me: "Ok." (Golf thing? What golf thing?)

2. 7:03 am

"Hi. Do you know if XXXXX (our across the street neighbor) has left yet this morning?"

"Their car was warming up 9 minutes ago when C and I left. I would imagine she's gone by now. Why?"

"Well, I was thinking I could ask her to pick C up tonight and then I could stay for the dinner for this golf tournament."

"Why don't you call her on her cell phone?" (Golf tournament? What golf tournament?)

"Well, I USED to have her number but I haven't put it into my new cell phone yet. Do you have it?"

"Yup. Hang on while I pull over and pull it up."

3. 7:07 am

"Hi. I got hold of XXXXX and she's going to pick C up when she gets home tonight."

"Great. I'll pick him up from her when I get home. What's this golf thing? This is the first I've heard of it."

"I know - my fault. I forgot about it. It's for work - the golf part starts at 1 and then there's dinner after. Not sure what time I'll be home. Hey, I guess I'd better call (the after school daycare people) and let them know XXXXX will be picking C up."

"Great. Thanks for doing that."

4. 7:09 am

"Hi. I guess I don't have the number for (the after school daycare people) in my new phone either. Do you have it?"

"Yup. Let me pull over and pull it up for you." (Glad we got out of the house early this morning....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join | List | Previous | Next