The Bad Mommy

I work only to pay for his therapy later.

Name:
Location: Novato, California, United States

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Raises for Everyone!

Happy Halloween!

C BOUNDED out of bed this morning. You know - the kid who has been known to moon me when I tell him it's time to get up? The kid who crawls - rather than walks - into the bathroom to brush his teeth? The kid who doesn't talk until after he's been in the shower for at least ten minutes?

This morning he lept out of bed, hummed while he brushed his teeth, talked to me the whole time he was in the shower and was generally in a very good mood.

Right up till I pulled his hair while I was brushing it. "You know, Mom, I really don't need to be handsome today. Today I'm the Grim Reaper."

Still, he was cheerful and talkative and all I could think about was what it must be like to be a teacher with a whole room full of kids for an entire day who are on a sugar high before they even get out of bed.

Under the best possible scenario we pay our teachers an embarrassingly small amount of money. On a day like today, if I were an elementary school teacher, I'd be calling in sick and spending the day drinking margaritas.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww i want to see some pictures of C in his costume email them to me!!!

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join | List | Previous | Next