The Bad Mommy

I work only to pay for his therapy later.

Name:
Location: Novato, California, United States

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Happy Birthday


Nine years ago yesterday, M and I got up early and, along with my parents, drove to Marin General. We arrived as a couple and four days later we went home as parents. As trite as it sounds, it all seems like it was yesterday. And yet 9 years from now C will be a senior in high school with one foot out the door on his way to college.

Even with all the normal ups and downs and in spite of frequently feeling inept as a parent, I've got to say that parenting is the best job I've ever had and is certainly the most rewarding. C makes me laugh really hard at least once every day and sometimes makes me cry (but in a good way). He's a great (not so) little kid and we are the luckiest parents in the world. On a good day, we even remember to tell him that.

Here's to the next 9 fabulous years - Happy Birthday C!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Queen said...

Happy Birthday!!!

And to think I thought he was already 10 -- guess that goes to show what good parenting will do.

He's a great kid -- and he knits, even better :)

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join | List | Previous | Next