The Bad Mommy

I work only to pay for his therapy later.

Name:
Location: Novato, California, United States

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Bye. Miss Me.

I made the mistake of stopping by the house on my way to Knit Night at Marin Fiber Arts tonight. I zipped in to grab a project I forgot to pack in my bag this morning and was trying to zip right back out again when C looked at me and said "where are you going?"

"It's Thursday. I'm going to knit night."

Incredibly disappointed and unhappy face.

Me: "What's the matter?"

C: (No answer. Just more unhappy face and slouchy attitude.)

Me: "You and I have had the last three nights together with just you and me. I know Daddy's missed you and I'm sure you've missed him. You'll have a good time together tonight. Are you mad at me?"

C: "Well, yeah."

Me (trying really hard to be a Good and Understanding Mommy): "Tell me what you're mad about."

C: "Well, you wake me up at 6:20 every morning."

Me (trying to be a good listener, even though I'm not really following the train of thought): "Ok. What else?"

C: "Well, you hardly ever let me read at night before I go to bed."

Me (still trying to follow this but refraining from pointing out that we're halfway through our second romp through the extended versions of the Lord of the Rings trilogy and when we stay up past 9 pm watching movies, it does kind of cut into the reading time): "Ok. What else?"

Long pause as I watch him thinking.

C: "Well, that's just a few of the things."

Me: "Ok. Is there anything you LIKE about me?"

Much shorter pause. Without having to think much about it:

C: "No. Not really."

Me, as I walk out the door: "Alrighty. Then I guess you won't miss me all that much tonight. Have fun with Daddy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join | List | Previous | Next