The Bad Mommy

I work only to pay for his therapy later.

Name:
Location: Novato, California, United States

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

From The Annals

Although it's always been clear that I'm entitled to the title Bad Mommy (over and over), there are several moments that have crystalized it for me. Here, then, is one of them:

C was in preschool - either 4 or 5 years old. He came home one day and either M or I ticked him off for one reason or another.

C: "Don't make me call you the E word!"

M and me, speaking to each other telepathically: (The E word? What's the E word? He's certainly heard a lot more around here than he should have but neither of us can come up with a word that starts with E.)

Me: "The E word? What's that?"

C: "You know! Idiot!"

Now a Good Mommy would come up with something like "Oh honey, no - you know we don't call people idiots! Let's find some better words to use to express our frustration!"

Instead, I say "Oh honey, no. Idiot is spelled I-d-i-o-t."

Really, if you're going to use bad words, at least spell them correctly.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Queen said...

We are waiting for the call from the teacher that goes, "Do you know what your son said?" And Prince and I have the answer prepped. "Did he use it correctly in a sentence?" "Yes, good, compliment him on his good grammer." "No? Please teach him better sentence structure."
Will you be my bad mommy mentor?

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join | List | Previous | Next